To: Exempt City Tournament Players
From: Allen Knight – Tournament Director & Bobby Foster – Tournament Chairman
Re: Midlands City Tournament – June 28, 29 & 30 – Columbia Country Club
We’re excited to have The Midlands Chevy Dealers as our sponsor again this year. Many thanks to long time tournament participant, David Herndon of Herndon Chevrolet, for making this happen. We’re also excited to be playing at Columbia Country Club again this year.
Following is information for exempt players.
- The field will be limited to 144 players, and we encourage you to get your entry blanks in early to secure a spot in the field. If your plans change and you have to withdraw, we will refund your entry fee up to 5 days prior to the tournament.
- The entry fee is $140, which includes carts and range balls for all three days, plus prizes, lunches, etc.
- The following amateurs, seniors, super seniors and professionals are exempt –
- All former champions for the regular and senior divisions.
- All amateurs who finished in the top 54 in 2017 and the top 50 after 36 holes in any of the previous four years.
- All senior amateurs who finished in the top 30 in 2017 and the top 25 after 36 holes in any of the previous four years.
- All super-senior amateurs who finished in the top 9 in 2017 and the top 5 after 36 holes in any of the previous four years..
Note: Please see the attached lists of exempt players – one for regular and one for seniors/super- seniors.
- Carolina’s Section PGA Professionals and retired professionals eligible to play in CPGA events who are affiliated with Columbia area facilities and/or live in Richland or Lexington County.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse entries from certain players due to pace of play or multiple no-show issues in past years.
The age for the Senior Division is 55 and Super-Senior Division is 65.
Note: All players must be residents of Richland or Lexington County (Note: The Committee reserves the right to exempt former champions and others who reside in counties adjacent to Richland and Lexington Counties.)
Click here to register online.
Special Note: If you have any questions please call Allen Knight at 319-0062 or Bobby Foster at 609-0542.
Thanks for your cooperation in entering early, and we will acknowledge your entry promptly by email.
Saluting Our 2017 Champions
Amateur – Shane Rogan
Professional – Burke Cromer
Senior Amateur – Walter Odiorne
Super-Senior – Mike Calkins
Junior – Palmer Mason
David Bennett Service To Golf Award – George Bryan, III
Scott Hannon Memorial Sportsmanship Award – Carey Hite